Business Development ManagerAcom Construction Group, Inc. - Mchenry, Illinois
ACom Construction Group is seeking a Business Development Manager of commercial construction new business development experience. The Sales Leader will work primarily on new commercial project opportunities within our core markets: industrial, medical, retail and corporate office.
This position leads the Development and Marketing efforts for new business in all respects of client development process. Construction sales experience (specifically in commercial developments) is the critical component in succeeding in this position. You will be leading-the-charge on the following efforts:
• Marketing, Networking & Client Development with owners, Architects, Developers and other new-business activities.
• Coordinate with Preconstruction, Project Management and Executives to assess new projects and deliver the highest quality construction to our new clients.
• Utilizing Sales experience along with commercial construction background to develop new clients (and continue development existing clientele). Other Skills Needed for This Position
• Project management and team leadership experience
• Technical knowledge of architecture and building construction
• Prepare / Review Contractor and Consultant Proposals, Agreements and Contracts
• Promotes and investigates opportunities for growth with both new and/or existing customers
• Analyzes market trends, opportunities and threats and assists in developing strategic business plan to achieve goals
• Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills
• Identify business development and potential extra work opportunities as they relate to the project
• Perform job walks and review blueprints, plans, and other customer documents.
• Represent the company in a professional and ethical manner with integrity Qualifications:
• 4-year degree in business a plus but not required.
• PM certification a plus but not required.
• 3-5 years of experience or a combination of education and experience in commercial construction sales.
• Must have some estimating understanding/experience in scaffolding, insulation, coatings, paint, etc