Commercial Accounting ManagerAcom Construction Group, Inc. - Mchenry, Illinois
Commercial Accounting Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for reviewing and tracking the general ledger posting of construction expenditures.
- Oversee all Accounts Payable functions.
- Process Progress Billing and Cost-Plus billing.
- Prepare and process all partial and final waivers.
- Management of company cash flow requirements.
- Oversee 401k and the processing of weekly payroll.
- Maintain proper job cost coding and budget maintenance.
- Bank Reconciliations.
- Direct month-end close, including account reconciliation and adjustments.
- Prepare, analyze and distribute monthly financial statements and job cost analysis.
- Prepare and Review WIP Schedule to verify completeness for revenue recognition.
- Analyze and interpret financial and accounting records and reports.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks software.
Education and/or Experience
Construction Accounting experience is required. Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Experience with Sage software a must. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections. Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills—ability to manage several projects.
This is normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, a minimum of five years of experience in a senior-level finance or accounting position.